A lot of you must be wondering by the title of the blog, “Aren’t fruits better to be consumed for good health than using them as facials?” Well, they are. However, fruit facials are also extremely beneficial for your skin. Each one of them has its perks and helps to rejuvenate and pump up the skin while focusing on working at certain problematic areas of your skin. In short, they help in making your skin healthier, smoother, youthful, and glowing.
Also, with lockdown restrictions in almost all parts of the country, it becomes more difficult to visit a parlor to pamper your skin regularly with facials. Hence, why not indulge in self-care DIY fruit facials at home?
How To Do A Fruit Facial At Home?
If you are a big fan of taking good care of your skin regularly, you must include a facial routine for the skin regularly. A facial not only provides a glow on the skin but also helps in cell regeneration and better blood circulation, by removing dead cells from the surface and also, waking up your skin to restore youthfulness and glow.
While many parlors mostly prefer using creams and other chemical-based products to do facials on the skin which may lead to several skin problems, in the long run, many others also prefer fruit facials over anything else. The best part about fruit facials is that you don’t need to visit a parlor to get it done as you can easily master the art by yourself at home, without any hassle.
Let’s go through the step-by-step process of how to do a fruit facial at home.
Cleanse With Milk
The first and foremost step to get started with a facial is to cleanse our face thoroughly. Here, we will be using milk and no chemical-based product, since we are going all-in with a “natural-ingredients” facial. You might want to add a step here and use a mild cleanser if you have oily skin. Then pour some milk (not too cool or too warm; room temperature) and apply it to your face and neck properly. Massage it thoroughly onto the skin and leave it to dry for a while. Wash with cold water after some time.
Interesting fact: Milk works wonders on acne-prone skin and also helps to deep cleanse excess oils and dirt on your skin.
Scrub With Lemon Peel
Exfoliating the skin is equally important to get rid of all the dead skin cells, before jumping into the facial. Let’s prepare the homemade scrub:
- Take 1tsp of powdered lemon peel and 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Mix both of them with a little bit of rose water or normal water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face (and your neck too) and give it a good scrub for a few minutes before washing it all off.
- If your skin is sensitive, you might want to add a mild toner at this stage to balance the pH of your skin and have it act as a bridge between cleansing and hydrating your skin.
Lighten Skin Using Honey
Now, take a good quantity of honey and apply it all over your face. Keep it for at least 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold or normal water.
Interesting fact: Honey contains antibacterial and antiseptic qualities, which also help to fight acne. Honey is also a natural humectant that helps to keep the skin moist and hydrated.
Boil a pot of water and place it on an even surface. Now, bend your face over it to let your skin take the steam, and don’t forget to cover your face with a towel. You can also use a steam machine for the same. Steam helps to open the pores on your face, giving it a natural glow and energizing your skin.
Here comes the best part. Here are the ingredients required to make the fruit facial pack. we will also show you how to make fruit facial at home.
- Neem leaves
Next, mix all the ingredients in a mixer jar to obtain a thick paste and leave it for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. After that, take it out and apply the cool paste on your face and your neck. Give it a good massage for a couple of minutes and let it dry naturally. After you are done, wash it properly to feel your rejuvenated, happy and glowing skin.
Fact: You may also use tomato juice and lemon juice, mixed into a paste, in case you don’t have the ingredients mentioned previously. Adding these ingredients will make help make the perfect fruit facial at home for glowing skin.
Benefits Of Fruit Facial On The Skin
To begin with, they do not have any side effects and help in fighting the skin against aging, dullness, and dryness.
- Smoother Glowing Skin: Fruits contain enzymes that help to regenerate skin cells, making the skin look younger and brighter. They are also packed with antioxidants and moisture that help to nourish the skin, providing a natural glow. Fruits like papaya and watermelon make excellent fruit facial ingredients.
- Anti-Ageing And Skin Tightening: Fruits also help in treating premature wrinkles and saggy skin. For example, banana is known for its skin tightening capabilities, along with providing naturally hydrated skin. An effective night cream would further help you with delaying fine lines and other signs of ageing.
Fact: Banana also helps to tighten pores and bring a sort of elasticity to the skin. You can use 1tsp of honey, 1tsp of almond oil, and half a banana to prepare a thick paste, and apply to your skin as a facial.
- Hydrates Skin: Fruits such as avocado and watermelons can breathe new life into your skin. They are a great source of skin nourishment and hydration. You can prepare an avocado paste by simply mashing one along with a few drops of olive and honey. Apply it for a good 20 minutes to acquire visible results.
- Fights Acne: Fruits like oranges are rich in Vitamin C and help to fight acne along with nourishing the skin. You may take 5-6 tsp of orange juice and cucumber juice and add some besan to make it a thick paste. Apply it as a mask on your face while gently rubbing it onto your skin. This will act both as a facial and as an exfoliator.
- Gets Rid Of Uneven Tan: Who doesn’t want to get rid of their tan lines? Apart from expensive de-tanning sessions at a parlor to get rid of those uneven tans, you can easily opt to do it at home by simply using just fruits. Strawberries and Kiwis are known as the best for this job. You can simply use them by mixing a portion of either of the fruits with yogurt and apply them to the places you want to remove your tan from. Next, leave it on for about 45 minutes to get the best results. Check other natural remedies to naturally remove tan.
Our skin gets affected by various external (such as environment) as well as internal (the food we eat, the products that we use on our skin) factors. However, choosing the best remedy for your skin depends upon your individual preferences. Although in these trying times of the global pandemic it’s difficult to go out and get your skin treated professionally, the least you can do is make sure that your skin is not neglected daily.
The best thing about these facials is that they are not too complicated and pose no threats or side effects to the skin. So, even if they sometimes do not work out for your skin (which is highly unlikely), you will still have nothing to worry about. Fruit facials are also much cheaper in comparison to other chemical-based facials and do not require professional skills for the same.
To conclude, fruits are enriched with amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, antioxidants, etc. which are all equally beneficial for the good health of your skin. Now, what better way to treat your skin than with delicious and juicy fruits on a plate?