Sewing is one of the best pass times in India, and people look for the best sewing machines possible. With the latest technology used in sewing machines, professionals are able to have the best experience in stitching and make the best possible embroidery artworks. In this article we will have a look at one of the laundry products, Since these products are needed for a lot of purposes and are in great demand, there comes a need to look into all the features that you should look for in the best sewing machines in India.
Our sewing machine buying guide helps you look into all the pros and cons of a sewing machine in India and also the best sewing machines in India. We have also incorporated the price range and all the details of each product so that you are able to take an informed decision. Have a look!
Top 10 Best Sewing Machines in India 2021
Brother is one of the best sewing machine brands in India, which offers you with an amazing sewing machine comprising of about 100 innovative built-in sewing value stitches and a lot of other attractive features. Brother FS 101 Computerized Sewing machine makes it possible for you to work on 55 alphanumeric stitches for sealing along with 8 different types of button holes.
It comes with a built-in needle threader and many other features that make the sewing machine attractive to customers.Being one of the best sewing machine brands in India, it has the perfect combination of all the features you’re looking for in your sewing machine. One disadvantage of this product is that Brother does not give any demo or service to its customers.
Usha offers is yet again a brilliant product from Usha that offers you with the latest technology and lets you have the best experience of stitching. It comprises of an automatic full zig-zag stitch needle with a built-in needle threader to make your life easier. The thread cutter and an in-built motor makes the product even more desirable and helps you create an excellent result.
It has a full aluminum body that has a one-step buttonhole and a free arm to allow easy circular stitching. Along with these, the sewing machine has all the best features possible, at the best price. It comes with 2 years of warranty along with a super customer care service after the purchase of the product.
The versatility of this product comes from the fact that it has 23 built-in designs and 57 stitch functions including one step button holding, button fixing and so on.
It comes in a white and blue color and doesn’t have many disadvantages related to it. The only complain that the customers have with the product is that the thread gets stuck at times.
Haven’t you always looked for a sewing machine that fits almost anywhere in your house and still performs the best embroidery artwork or other stitching tasks? Singer 8280 sewing machine is your pick in that case. It is one of the best sewing machine in India, that comes with 24 stitch functions and so many more attractive features.
The attractive features of this machine includes a changing presser feet that works in seconds and an inbuilt thread cutter that makes it possible for the machine to perform the stitching task efficiently. The accessory storage in extension table and an oscillating shuttle mechanism make it even more desirable.
All these features come with a warranty of 2 years that Singer offers, along with an extremely affordable price. Singer 8280 sewing machine is also considered as one of the best sewing machines in India under 10,000 and can be bought online at the comfort of your houses.
Singer Promise 1408 sewing machine is one of the best products from Singer and is a complete package of all the best features that you would require. The presence of all the advanced features makes it possible for you to make any dress or cloth item. It comes with 8 built-in stitches that include 6 basic, 1 decorative and 1 automatic 4 step buttonhole. It has an easy threading feature, which helps in straightforward threading.
These features help to save time and produce better results. It’s snap-on presser feet lets you expand your sewing possibilities. Singer Promise 1408 sewing machine also helps to quickly release for easy on and off- changer presser feet.
The presence of automatic 4-step buttonhole guides you through every step to make sure you have professional results. All in all, it is a complete value for money as it includes everything that you ever wanted in your sewing machine.
Third in the list, Usha Janome Allure 75-watt Sewing machine is one of the best sewing machines for homes. It is a compacted sewing machine that makes it easy for you to put it in a cabinet easily. It comes with a 4-step button holding system and a free arm for easing circular stitching.
Usha being another one of the best sewing machine brands in India offers a lot of features in this product along with 2 years of warranty. Other features include 13 in-built stitches and 21 applications including stretch stitching and button fixing.
You can easily perform rolled hemming, satin stitch, zp fixing and smocking using this amazing model. The sewing speed is about 550 SPM and two dials for pattern and stitch length selection. Usha offers amazing customer service to its users to make sure that there are no problems related to the product.
Usha has been consistent with providing the best sewing machines in India with the best prices. It has offered a lot of different amazing products used for both beginners and other home purposes. Using the wonder stitch sewing machine from Usha makes sure that the user gets hassle-free and an excellent stitching experience.
The product comes with an incorporated needle cutter, needle threader and a triple power making the product one of the best in its field. It also has a drop feed for embroidery which makes it possible to create the best artworks on your dresses.
The package of the product includes an instruction manual, warranty card and other accessories along with the sewing machine. Usha also offers about 2 years of warranty on the product along with all the amazing features.
It is one of the best sewing machines available in India that come under the price of 10,000.Additionally, the product comes with a great customer care service so that the customers don’t have any hardship while dealing with the sewing machine.
Another masterpiece from Brother is Brother GS 1700, which will steal your heart away in a second. It is an amazing model that is made of useful features like 17 in-built stitches, LED light and much more. It comes with an automatic needle threader, the 4-step buttonhole system, a free arm and a lot of other features that will make you buy this product right away.
It also has a top load bobbin which makes it even more desirable. The free arm of this machine makes it possible for you to sew your clothes effectively. Another feature in this model is its single dial operation, which further adds to its utility. All this is offered by Brother but doesn’t come with too many operations and tools.
Last on the list but not the least, Brother GS 3700 sewing machine is definitely one of the best sewing machines under the price of 10,000. Brother does not provide any home demo along with this product. It has a horizontal bobbin type and a LED sewing light.It is a customary sewing machine that has a broad range of stitches perfect for any kind of stitching and home furnishing works.
This model of sewing machine also comes with attractive features that will make you pick it up in a few moments. It comes with a quick set bobbin system and an automatic needle threader that make your life easier. It comes in a soft case cover and a manual thread tension control required by some people.
Usha international Prime Sewing machine is one of the best sewing machines for beginners as well as home purposes, and makes it possible for you to stitch the best possible dresser and clothes. It has all the features that allow you to easily stitch different clothes which were earlier a menace to stitch. It comes with a maximum of 6 in-built stitches along with a single touch reverse stitch.
Other features of this amazing product include a 2-step button holding which makes it even more easy to handle your clothes. Usha International Prime Sewing machine comes with a pivot application that further makes sure that you get an excellent end product. It is one of the best sewing machines in India under 12000.
Usha Janome Marvela sewing machine is an AZ sewing machine from Usha, that comes with colour-coded face plate and a 7 in-built stitches. It is a compact machine which makes it possible for you to fit the machine almost anywhere. It is quite portable to handle and therefore won’t require high maintenance.
Additional attractive features include an auto trip bobbin winder, thread cutter on the needle bar, four step button holding and a free arm for circular stitching. Applications of these features include lace fixing, quilting, rolled hemming and smocking. It also has its use in reverse stitching and different embroidery works.
Usha offers a sewing speed of 550 SPM in this product, along with customer care service that helps you deal with all your problems related to the product.
What Are The Uses Of Sewing Machine?
Sewing machines can be used for a variety of purposes. A lot of different people use it for homes, beginners and other reasons. Some of these purposes are mentioned here to help you to make the best use of your sewing machine.
1. Sewing Machines for homes: Sewing machines are quite useful for your homes when you want to fix your old clothes, or something to do with your home decor, and altering your old clothes if needed. Sewing machines are not just good for designing clothes and therefore are one of the essential tools for your home.
Sewing is one of the most common hobbies of Indian women, making a sewing machine even more desirable for them. These machines can also be used to make creative DIYs for your rooms and other projects. They tend to save time and human effort. Out of all the types of sewing machines that are available in India, you must choose the type that is most suited for you.
2. Sewing Machine for Beginners: People learning to design are beginners who need ti practice the basics and other forms of stitching on their own so that they can excel in the field. Therefore, it becomes essential that beginners take proper care while buying for a sewing machine, and choose your suitable product on the basis of price and features.
These sewing machines are available with different prices according to the difference in features. Different kinds of stitching techniques require different kinds of sewing machines. Beginners mostly need mini sewing machines and a budget-friendly sewing machine.
What Should We Look For In the Best Sewing Machine In India?
You would need a sewing machine for a lot of purposes, and to handle a different variety of fabrics. The best sewing machines need to have a variety of features to be able to handle a large variety of fabrics, without stretching or destroying the fabric. Someone who knows how to operate a sewing machine would definitely want these features to in his/her sewing machine. In case this is your first time in buying a sewing machine,we are here to guide you step by step.
1. Automatic Buttonholer: The automatic buttonholer feature in a sewing machine helps you to automatically make a hole in your shirt, without causing you any trouble. It makes sure that you don’t have to stop and turn the fabric of your shirt. The best sewing machines have this feature which also allow you to insert the button into the slot without any hard work so that the machine sews a buttonhole in it.
2. Feed-Dog Adjustment: Some sewing machines help you to do a hassle free sewing for the perfect embroidery and design because of the presence of this feature. This features helps you to leave behind the traditional mechanism of sewing to make the best of your clothes.
3. Good Ergonomics and Controls: The best sewing machines must have user friendly controls and should be responsive to pressure on the foot pedal. It also shouldn’t growl or stall when sewing thick fabric or multiple layers. The presence of easy controls make it easy for users to reach and manipulate them, and allows the users to make complete use of the sewing machine.
4. Lightweight: People generally store their sewing machines in a cabinet or an almirah, which is why it is desirable for sewing machines to be light-weighted. The best sewing machines are supposed to be light weighted as people need to store them at different places. Their light weight makes it easy to carry them around and also easy to life. The masses generally look for a sewing machine with a handle on top.
5. Needle Position: The best sewing machines allow their needles to move around easily to a larger surface area so that you are able to move it around your cloth as much as possible. This feature makes it possible for your sewing machine to easily lift the pressure foot and turn a corner without using a jump stitch.
6. Needle Threader: The needle threader in your sewing machine enables the machine to pull the thread through the eye of the needle, saving you a lot of time and effort. It makes it quite easy to do this annoyingly frustrating task of putting your thread into the eye of the needle, which makes it quite a desirable feature.
7. Presser Feet: You must know how many presser feet come with your sewing machine before actually buying one. You would need a multi-purpose foot to do the most basic sewing, like straight and zigzag stitches. But for a more complex stitching task, you would need a more advanced zipper foot and buttonhole foot to complete the task.
The best sewing machine brands in India also offer you with an adjustable presser foot, which tends to regulate how tightly the machine holds the fabric while you sew. There are about hundreds of speciality presser feet to choose from, depending on whatever your requirements are.
8. Power Switch: The feature of power switch helps you to switch your sewing machine on or off. The power switch in your best sewing machine must be the safest feature in your machine to help prevent any mishappenings.
9. Speed Control: The speed control feature in your sewing machine helps you to determine the speed at which your machine would work or the speed at which the fabric is fed through the machine, ensuring the best-stitched work. A constant speed helps to take care of an even stitching pattern, without stopping in the middle.
10. Tension Adjustment: The tension adjustment feature helps you to adjust how tight the thread is held, which needs to be changed according to the stitching task. You must check the maximum stitch length of a machine before buying it, along with the width of the machine.
11. Top-Load Bobbin: The latest sewing machines have an inbuilt feature of a top-load bobbin, which makes it possible for the machine to simply slide open a panel and drop the bobbin. A clear cover allows you to see when the thread is running low.
Should You Buy A New Sewing Machine Online?
A large variety of sewing machines are available online, which you can choose from while having the comfort of your homes. These sewing machines that are available online come with a full-fledged description to make you completely aware of the products. Buying these products online also give you an advantage of applied offers or bonuses on the product.
The best sewing machine brands offer amazing discounts when you buy their products online. You can choose among the best possible sewing machine brands in India according to your requirement without the hassle of actually going out to the market.
What Are The Types Of Sewing Machine In India?
Most people don’t know about the different kinds of sewing machines that are available in India and their specific uses.Therefore, we have brought you all the possible information on different kinds of sewing machines, so as for you to know them better.
1. Mechanical Machines
Mechanical or more commonly known as the domestic sewing machines is one of the simplest sewing machines that are available in India. They have much less advanced features, and all the settings are to be done manually. There are fewer varieties of stitch patterns that can be used by the user.
These machines have a pedal which uses human effort, which is undesirable for most people. The pedal is to be pressed by the user to run the machine. On the other hand, other types of machines use hands to operate. These machines are still used by some people and are available online. Another type of mechanical sewing machines are mini sewing machines which have very few useful features and is manually operated. One disadvantage of this type of sewing machine is that these machines don’t use electric pedals and use a lot of human effort. These machines also provide low-quality stitching and are the most inexpensive ones of the lot.
2. Electronic Machines
Unlike the traditional sewing machines, electronic machines have motorized pedals with compact size. These machines are light-weighted and are easy to use. These are preferred over the old ones because of a variety of features. These features include an inbuilt thread cutter, varieties of stitch patterns like hemming, quilting, embroidering and reverse stitching. Other features that make these type of machines even more desirable are zip fixing, automatic needle threading, inbuilt thread cutter, start and stop button, automatic needle positioning, adjustable stitch thread tension and much more.
These type of machines are the best for beginners, tailors and even professionals. These are basically the ones that are the most desirable and are the most in demand. Some electronic sewing models also have USB connectivity option for even more advanced stitching experience. The price is one thing that you must consider while investing into these kinds of machines, as their is an entire range that these models are available in. The price of each model depends on the number of features that it has.
3. Embroidery/Sewing Machines
Another kind of sewing machines are the ones especially built for doing embroideries. They have an inbuilt embroidery foot to make your life easier. Embroidery work is mostly done by professionals who are great in design patterns and other artworks. These machines are quite similar to electronic sewing machines and are quite amazing when it comes to creating embroideries.
They are expensive due to the presence of all the features. There are many different kinds of embroidery machines that you could choose from to have the best results. These machines are majorly used or hemming, quilting, embroidering and so on.
4. Overlock Sewing Machines
Overlock Sewing machines, also known as Sergers, are the best sewing machines of all the other types. These are completely different from all the other types of sewing machines as they have different modes of functions.
The efficiency of overlock sewing machines is determined on the basis of the number of threads they use.
Overlock sewing machines have about 5 inbuilt stitch patterns, which include single thread stitch pattern, two threaded stitch pattern, three threaded stitch pattern, four threaded patterns and five threaded stitch pattern. Overlock sewing machines help you stitch structures like loops, and the concept is about needles and loopers. These machines are quite inexpensive and therefore quite affordable by the majority of people.
It can be quite a task to choose among the best possible sewing machines in India, as there are a lot of options without any proper description on any. Therefore, our research on these sewing machines and the features that you must look for while buying one would help you make better decisions and invest in the best sewing machine. These products are available online because of which you can choose from the best after knowing each and every detail of the product at the comfort of your own house. Hope this buying guide helped you!