Family and food are most probably India’s two huge obsessions. Almost the entire globe knows about the relationship of Indians with the food they eat. Every Indian you meet is a foodie and that’s a fact! The food prepared here in every household is believed to be prepared with a lot of love, and by love, we mean more in quantity.
Our refrigerators have more stuff than our wardrobes which is why every household focuses on buying a refrigerator that has appealing features and is available at an affordable cost. It is definitely a long-term investment. Hence, in-depth research on the best refrigerator brands is a must before investing in one. Here, in this article, we will be discussing the the best refrigerator brand in India and the top 10 refrigerator brands in India. If you are confused about which refrigerator is the best in India, this article will clear all your confusion.
10 Best Refrigerator Brands In India
|Brand Name||Year Founded||Editor’s Rating|
|1. LG||1947||4.9/5||Buy Now|
|2. Whirlpool||1960||4.9/5||Buy Now|
|3. Samsung||1938||4.8/5||Buy Now|
|4. Bosch||1886||4.6/5||Buy Now|
|5. Voltas||1954||4.5/5||Buy Now|
|6. Godrej||1897||4.5/5||Buy Now|
|7. Panasonic||1918||4.4/5||Buy Now|
|8. Haier||1984||4.2/5||Buy Now|
|9. Hisense||1986||4.2/5||Buy Now|
|10. Croma||2006||4.0/5||Buy Now|
Established in 1947 by the name of “Lucky-Goldstar”, LG is a South Korean multinational conglomerate corporation located at the LG Twin Towers building in Yeouido-dong, Seoul. It is considered the second-largest company in Seoul, South Korea, and is known to manufacture chemicals, electronics, and telecom products along with operating subsidiaries like LG Electronics, Zenith, LG Display, LG Telecom, and LG Chem in 80+ countries.
LG brand has been the market leader in a variety of domains including color TV, microwave ovens, frost-free refrigerators, washing machines, and air conditioners with a market share of 26.2%, 41.2%, 37.9%, 34.1%, and 34% respectively.
LG refrigerators are widely known for –
- Textured steel finish and Platinum fresh wall design.
- LG dual fridge features have the capability to turn the Freezer into Refrigerator.
- LG brand features an InstaView Door-in-Door facility with auto open functionality.
- It has the option of thorough and fast cooling by Door Cooling+ with Multi Air Flow feature.
- LG refrigerators are available with solar panels, making them Solar Smart. This feature helps to generate a DC voltage when sunlight is incident directly on the panel.
- The premium LG models contain the Smart Diagnosis feature which facilitates fast and easy troubleshooting of the issues in the refrigerator.
- One of the recent advancements of LG refrigerator models includes the induction of Hygiene Fresh+ Anti-bacterial Gasket.
- Moist balance crisper with toughened glass is another interesting feature of LG refrigerators which helps in the regulation of moisture inside the fridge to keep the food items fresh.
- Modern LG models are fitted with bright yet efficient LED lighting inside the refrigerator.
- Few recent models have a Wi-Fi connectivity option that enables the user to control and monitor their refrigerator from the smartphones.
The extraordinary features of LG can attract anybody into buying one of these refrigerators. LG models are reliable and give numerous additional characteristics to improve customer convenience. LG refrigerator’s energy-efficient model and non-conventional compressor make it stand apart from other brands. If we consider various aspects like features, interiors, energy consumption, and after-sales service, LG certainly ranks well if we discuss the top 10 refrigerator brands in India., which is why you see LG products listed in our article listing the best refrigerators under 25000 and best refrigerators in India.
Whirlpool established itself in India in the year 1960 as Kelvinator of India Ltd. It is a subsidiary of the world’s leading major appliance manufacturer – Whirlpool Corporations. The company primarily offers products like Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Air Conditioners, Microwave Ovens, and several other small appliances. Whirlpool was originally formed in collaboration with Kelvinator International Corporation USA for facilitating the production of refrigerators compressors and allied items.
Currently, the Whirlpool of India claims three best-in-class manufacturing facilities at Faridabad Pondicherry and Pune.
Whirlpool refrigerators are preferred for the following properties –
- Whirlpool refrigerators are loaded with IntelliSense, and AI microprocessors making them the most original ones in this domain.
- The features like Flexi-vents and anti-bacterial filters help in ensuring cold and fresh air in all sections of the fridge along with preventing the build-up of bacterial/viral/fungal atmosphere inside the refrigerator.
- The Whirlpool models can adjust their temperature depending on the analysis of food items and outside temperature.
- Anti-odor technology keeps the refrigerator interiors fresh and reduces the oxidation capability.
- Whirlpool refrigerators come with larger vegetable crispers, ice twister, and collector.
Whirlpool is one of the pioneer brands of India that has never failed to amaze its customers. The refrigerators manufactured by Whirlpool are of low maintenance and have a long lifespan. Whirlpool offers a broad range of refrigerators with different designs such as single door and double door refrigerators. Their fridge models are famous for less electricity consumption hence, makes them one of the best refrigerator brands available in India.
Samsung is a South Korean multinational conglomerate headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul that was launched on 1st March 1938. Notable Samsung industrial affiliates include Electronics, Heavy Industries, Engineering and C&T Corporation, etc. Samsung has the 8th highest brand value as of the year 2020. It is one of the most popular brands for a variety of electronic products across the globe.
Samsung entered India in 1995 and since then it has become one the most trusted brands when it comes to the refrigeration segment.
Unique Features in Samsung’s Refrigerators –
- FlexZone technology: This remarkable technology helps in converting your fridge into a freezer and vice versa temporarily just with the push of a button.
- Metal cooling feature: This feature helps in maintaining a constant uniform temperature inside the refrigerator.
- Autofill Water Pitcher feature: This feature enables your refrigerator to fill up water automatically once someone has taken out some water from the pitcher. It ensures that you never run out of chilled drinking water.
- Different door configurations: The Samsung refrigerators come along with different door options such as French door, Side by Side door, Top mount freezer, and Single-door.
- Most of the latest Samsung refrigerators feature a digital inverter compressor. This helps with energy consumption as well as increasing the preservation duration of the food. It is the best technology for efficient cooling as well.
- Samsung refrigeration models like the Family Hub series is known to offer some amazing features that include –
- -voice activation/control using Bixby’s Assistant
- -touchscreen door
- -notifications and alerts on the status of the items
Dependability, versatility, and customer care service are the things that set this brand apart from others and make it one of the most preferred choices among Indian customers. Samsung today, holds a significant share in the appliance market of India due to its sleek product design, quality, and innovative technology. It has created several benchmarks when it comes to innovations for which it has gained a lot of buyers in the Indian market making it one of the top refrigerator brands in India. Samsung and LG refrigerators are usually compared against each other, if you are confused about the two brands as well, you should read our article available on the website.
The company was founded by Robert Bosch in 1886 when he opened a shop in Stuttgart, Germany, with just two associates. The company was called Bosch Magneto Company during the years 1905 to 1908. Bosch witnessed its first factory back in the year 1912. 135 years later, today, Bosch has evolved to be Germany’s one of the 10 largest enterprises attributed to its quality-driven engineering. Bosch has 40 production sites that are situated in Europe, the United States, Latin America, and Asia.
The refrigerators launched by Bosch are well known for their sensible use of fridge space and a surprisingly large freezer capacity. The sleek design of the Bosch models has contributed to its enormous popularity in India.
Unique features offered by Bosch’s refrigerators are –
- Bosch refrigerators come with a 4-part FarmFresh system that guarantees the freshness of the food, fruits, and vegetables longer than ever before.
- The refrigerators are fitted with dual compressors and evaporators that add up to the longer-lasting freshness of the stored food.
- Technologies like SuperCool and SuperFreeze help you cool large amounts of food or drinks by setting up the fridge temporarily at 34° F before returning to normal after 2 hours.
- MultiAirFlow feature contributes to the protection against any kind of bacterial/fungal/viral environment.
- The latest models launched by Bosch alerts the user if somehow the door of the fridge is left open.
- The refrigerators come with fingerprint-resistant stainless steel that helps in guarding against scratches and fingerprints to retain their bold look.
- VitaFreshPro™ technology balances both temperature and humidity levels automatically depending on the food setting.
- Bosch refrigerators have half-width shelves that offer you to have the flexibility to configure your refrigerator as per your preference.
If we consider all the advanced features and beautiful design, one can never go wrong with Bosch refrigerators. It is well known for manufacturing some of India’s finest refrigerator models. These refrigerators come in various types, designs, and technologies. Different features such as natural lift shelf, new air filter, active warning system by temperature increase, noise cancellation, multi airflow-system, bottle grid, etc make it one of the most preferred refrigerator brands in India.
Voltas Limited is an Indian refrigerator company and is considered as one of the best refrigerator brands in India. In addition to that, it is also counted among the world’s top-most engineering solution providers and project specialists. Voltas is a part of the Tata Group and the company was incorporated on 6th September in Mumbai. The company got its promotion by M/s. Volkart Brothers and Tata Sons Pvt. Ltd. in the year 1954 for taking over the Engineering & Import Division of M/s. Volkart Brothers in India.
Along with air conditioners, Voltas offers a wide variety of products including Air Coolers, Water Dispensers, Water Coolers, and Commercial Refrigeration products.
Unique features in Voltas’s refrigerators include –
- The refrigerator is available with thick polyurethane foam insulation for the storage of Ice-creams, yogurts, etc, and a semi-automatic defrosting mechanism.
- Another amazing feature includes the NeoFrost™ Dual Cooling technology that ensures appropriate cooling for your items inside the fridge according to the moisture, airflow, and temperature.
- Technologies like Active Fresh Blue Light, Fresh Guard™, and IonGuard™ promotes anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal atmosphere alongside preventing unpleasant odor. These technologies also make sure that fruits and vegetables remain full of flavour and nourishment long after they’ve been stored in the fridge.
- Latest models like Voltas Beko come with a brushless ProSmart Inverter Motor that makes it durable, long-lasting, and prevents it from any kind of wear and tear. The compressor of this inverter has a low rotational speed that cuts down the energy/power usage and guarantees four times quieter operation.
The Voltas models come with 12 years of compressor warranty along with 2 years of comprehensive warranty for the entire refrigerator. The price of Volta’s refrigerators is a great relief and costs much lower than expectations. Every single detail of the Voltas models is up to the mark, right from the appeal and sturdiness to exteriors and efficiency. Voltas Refrigerators will definitely please you as it is one of the top refrigerator brands in India!
Also Read: How To Choose Stabilizer For Refrigerator
Godrej is an Indian multinational conglomerate that was established in 1897 by Ardeshir Godrej and Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej. Godrej’s headquarter is situated in Mumbai and operates in different sectors such as diverse as consumer products, real estate, appliances, industrial engineering, furniture, security, and agricultural products. Godrej was the first company to introduce refrigerators in India in 1958.
Godrej has mastered the art of knowing the pulse of Indian consumers due to which its refrigerators have a loyal following in the Indian market.
Unique features offered by Godrej’s refrigerators are –
- Godrej refrigerators are available in 3 different types: Single door, Double door (regular), and Bottom mounted.
- New models of Godrej refrigerators come with Cool Shower and Dual Fan technology for ensuring all-around Cooling.
- Few single doors DirectCool Godrej refrigerator models come with an amazing feature of Muziplay music player that lets you play music from USB storage as well as FM.
- Turbo Chill Mode of some models delivers 50% faster cooling than other conventional direct-cool refrigerators.
- The premium Godrej refrigerator models feature the Just The Right Temperature (JTRT) technology that facilitates variable cooling for optimal food preservation. It comes with an air lock system that reduces the loss of cooling even if the door is left open intermittently.
- Many refrigerators offered by Godrej have an energy-efficient LED lighting technology along with a motion-sensing zone that detects and lights up the area where you are searching for something.
- Silver Ion technology and Anti-B features preserve the hygiene of the food that is stored and maintains an anti-bacterial environment.
- The Zinc Oxide Protection (ZOP) technology of few models serves as a protection from rusting of the interiors.
- Modern Godrej refrigerators are equipped with an intelligent automated defrosting feature and digital touch control panel that allows the user to set the temperature and modes for each shelf without needing to open the door.
Being one of the pioneer fridge manufacturers of India, Godrej offers a great quality of refrigerators. Godrej is one of the predominant players with regards to single-door refrigerators. The Cool Shower feature gives thorough and uniform cooling all through the refrigerator. Godrej models are least prone to corrosion. Along these lines, if you are searching for an Indian brand of refrigerator and have a tight pocket, yet need a fridge made up with great quality parts intended for a longer life span and that endures the vagaries of power cuts, you can definitely count on Godrej.
The history of Panasonic can be dated back to 1918 when Konosuke Matsushita founded Matsushita Electric Housewares Manufacturing Works in Osaka, Japan. However, in India, the operations of the brand commenced in 1972. Panasonic India Pvt Ltd was intended to integrate the different Panasonic interests in India. Panasonic, since 2008, has been growing exponentially with increased investments in business, innovative product offerings, and different promotional initiatives. Today Panasonic is seen as one of the best fridge brands in India.
Unique features provided by Panasonic’s refrigerators include –
- Panasonic refrigerators come with Econavi Sensors that detect and analyze different conditions to maintain ideal and uniform cooling throughout.
- The latest models come with an Ag filter containing silver ions to help promote an antibacterial environment inside the refrigerator.
- Prime Fresh technology of Panasonic fridges freezes food until -3°C only that helps in creating a thin ice film over the food. This in turn helps in preserving and retaining the nutrients of the food items.
- Large capacity of vegetable cases provided by Panasonic stores 20% more vegetables than any other branded refrigerator.
- A lot of premium models come with Light, Door, and Temperature sensing technology.
No doubt Panasonic comes within India’s top 10 refrigerator brands. It gives you the option to choose from a broad range of categories from the bottom freezer, double door, top freezer refrigerator door, frost-free, to multi-door refrigerators at an affordable cost. The uniform cooling functionality, adjustable toughened glass shelves, humidity control features, and powerful air filters make it stand apart from other brands. Purchasing a Panasonic refrigerator for your home would surely be a plus!
Haier is a Chinese multinational home appliances and consumer electronics company that has its headquarters in Qingdao, Shandong. Haier was established as Qingdao Refrigerator Co. in 1984. It began operations in India in 2004. Although the operations started as a part of its “internationalizing strategy”, yet it has been on an upward path since then. Being a global leader in White goods, Heir has its market share in double digits. When it comes to India, Heir has manufacturing and operations units in 30+ cities and has launched several innovative and attractive series of refrigerators in India.
Unique features offered by Heir’s refrigerators –
- Different types of refrigerators provided by Heir include Single door, Double door, Bottom mount, French door, and Side by side refrigerators.
- The best Haier refrigerators feature the famous 8 in 1 Convertible technology wherein the freezer can be turned into a fridge and vice-versa, or can get interchanged independently.
- It comes with different kinds of modes that are Normal mode, Veg mode, Home alone mode, Freezer mode, Vacation mode, Summer mode, Swift chill mode, and Surprise party mode.
- Heir refrigerators use Turbo Icing Technology for faster and efficient cooling.
- Most of the models are equipped with larger cooling pads and diamond edge designs to deal with power cuts.
- The refrigerators offered by Heir have a 90 Degree contour door and toughened glass shelves feature.
- For ensuring food safety and protection from bacteria, the Heir refrigerator is available with a Removable Anti-Fungal Gasket.
- Luxury Home Bar feature of premium Haier refrigerators promotes automatic and easy ice and water dispensing.
- A lot of models come with Child Locks and Door Alarms to safeguard the refrigerator from kids.
- The inverters used by Haier are Twin Inverter Compressor with Powerful Dual Fan that runs at a variable speed depending on the cooling need.
Heir became famous in India after the launching of their revolutionary bottom mount fridge. In addition, the refrigerators manufactured by Heir are pocket-friendly. The coolest technology that Heir guarantees is the one-hour cool technology that serves as a boon for people who are in a rush always. Heir refrigerators come with BEE ratings that ensure lower energy consumption and reduced electricity bills. With everything taken into account, it can be said that the Haier refrigerators bring together comfort and convenience.
Hisense is one of the biggest and fastest-growing refrigerator brands in India. In a few years, you could expect this brand to be well within the top 10 refrigerator brands in India. Hisense was founded in 1986 and was a joint venture between the Government Of India and the Government Of China. Since then, the brand has become 100% Chinese owned.
Hisense refrigerators will provide you with a safe and convenient environment to store vegetables, fruits, and other items. The brand’s refrigerators are designed to be environmentally friendly and save energy while keeping product storage in mind. The refrigerators come with a list of features that make them convenient to use.
Hisense Unique Features:
- Total No Frost: This technology may sound similar to other no frost features, but this feature is slightly different. The innovative Total No Frost Technology from Hisense circulates cold air evenly throughout your fridge to prevent the build-up of ice crystals. This will remove the need for manual defrost and will keep your food and other items fresh for long periods.
- Multi Air Flow: The fridge and freezer have an inbuilt intelligent and evenly distributed air system that maintain the temperature of the fridge and the freezer section. The constant optimal temperature of the refrigerator keeps the food chilled perfectly.
- Super Freeze: The super freeze function of the refrigerator lowers the temperature of the food much faster than regular freezers. This keeps the freshly bought meat and other food items fresh for a more extended period.
- Moisture Fresh Crisper: This Hisense feature increases the lifespan of your food items. The refrigerator is built-in with a slider that controls the humidity level of the fridge precisely. This enables you to control the environment of the box to the optimal level of your produce.
A Hisense refrigerator will be the heart of your kitchen as its innovative design and practical use catch the eye of anyone visiting your kitchen. The fridge does not only look good but it is also packed with features that make it easier for you to store foo
Compared to the other brands that we have listed in this article, Croma is a relatively young company that was launched in 2006. Croma was originally established as a retail store that sells multiple brands and gadgets. Croma sells over 6000 products and over 200 brands, and in 2008, they started labeling their products in the market.
Refrigerators from Croma live up to their motto and have a seamless design that will suit your kitchen. The toughened glass shelves are built to withstand heavy items such as kitchen utensils and other groceries. The neat door racks for your bottles are a nifty way to have a more organized refrigerator space.
The humidity control settings present in the refrigerator ensure that your fruits and vegetables remain fresh for a more extended period. The trendy-looking refrigerators from Croma also have ample space to keep pace with the modern food storage requirements. The smart cooling freezer control keeps you in charge to customize cooling as per your needs. These refrigerators are a valuable addition to your kitchen, as they are pocket-friendly and come with excellent service assistance from Croma. All of this makes Croma one of the best fridge brands in India.
We believe we have given you a basic idea regarding the top 10 refrigerator brands in India and that it has cleared all of your confusion to a good extent. The answer to “which refrigerator is best in India” tends to be overwhelming while looking for a refrigerator and coming across multiple models in shops explaining a wide variety of features. This is the reason you should get yourself equipped with all the basic knowledge about different brands and the features they offer before buying a refrigerator. A refrigerator is one of the most utilized appliances in Indian kitchens. Buying one for your house should completely depend on you, your preferences, and different features offered by different brands along with your budget.